Women get shamed for talking about their period in public, but why? Your menstrual cycle is what gives you your crown to womanhood, so wear that crown proudly! Being on your period can really suck if you suffer from cramps, I have endometriosis so cramps can definitely be something fierce! After trying home remedies I was able to tame my cramps and I would like to share some of those remedies with you! Keep in mind, some things don’t work for everyone.
1. Heat – When I’m on my period my go to is my heating pad, the heat lessens pain by moderating muscles that are contacting. After leaving the heating pad on my lower abdomen for just 10-15 minutes my cramps start to reduce!
2. Pressure & Essential oils – Another thing I like to do to soothe my cramps is to apply pressure and essential oils on my uterus area. Applying pressure and lavender oil helps to calm the pain, being as though lavender is known for it’s calming effect (be sure to use lavender topically).
3. Tea – Drinking peppermint tea can also calm menstrual cramps, like lavender it’s known for it’s calming effect!
4. Organic Pads – One major thing I did that has helped lessen my cramps was switching to organic tampons! Although putting anything up there isn’t advised because of toxic shock syndrome, it’s definitely way healthier than regular advertised tampons. Most tampons on the shelves have chlorine and other toxic chemicals which cause period cramps to worsen! So to be all the way on the safe side, I recommend using organic pads.
5. Healthy Diet – As I’ve said throughout many of my other topics, a healthy diet is key! If you take care of your body, your body will most definitely take care of you. Cutting out fatty foods will cut down inflammation which is the cause of period cramps.
I hope I’ve been helpful, check back later for more health tips!